Hair loss or baldness has been a growing concern for women living in urban areas. In a world where appearance matters, losing hair can be a traumatic experience for anyone. Unfortunately, this issue has become more prevalent, affecting women as young as their teens or early twenties.
What Causes Female Pattern Baldness?
The causes of female pattern baldness are varied, ranging from hereditary to hormonal changes and diseases. Several factors contribute to hair loss, including modern hairstyling products, tight hairstyles, and hair-related issues.
Thinning of hair is the first sign of balding, and it is natural to lose 50-100 strands of hair daily. While there are medical treatments and procedures to restore hair, prevention is better than cure.
Female Pattern Baldness – What Should You Do and Not Do?
Here are some things that can help you avoid hair loss.
- To prevent baldness, the first thing you should do is ensure that your diet is rich in nutrients, especially protein and iron. Nutrient deficiencies are often the first cause of hair loss, so consuming a balanced diet with macronutrients and micronutrients is essential. Foods like spinach, seafood, beetroot, chicken, lentils, nuts, seeds, and yoghurt can improve hair health.
- Secondly, maintaining a clean and moist scalp is crucial for healthy hair. Use mild shampoos to eliminate environmental pollution and natural sebum secretion. You can also deep condition your hair using home remedies like henna, egg, aloe vera, and curd for a lustrous look and improved hair health.
- Finally, oiling your hair is an excellent way to promote healthy scalp circulation and tighten hair follicles. You can choose from a variety of oils like castor, almond and coconut.
There are several things you should avoid if you want to prevent baldness.
- Stay away from products with high sulfur content and artificial scents, and go for organic shampoos. High sulfur content in hair products can lead to dryness, breakage, and hair thinning. This is because sulfur can strip away the natural oils and moisture from hair, leaving it brittle and prone to damage.
- Avoid long and high heat exposure, which can damage your hair physically. High heat can strip the hair of its natural oils, making it dry and prone to breakage. Prolonged heat exposure can damage the protein structure of the hair, leading to weakened and brittle strands. Excessive heat can cause the water molecules inside the hair strands to boil, which can create pressure and eventually cause the hair to crack and break.
- And, lastly, do not go for heat and chemical-based treatments that can leave your scalp dry and prone to hair fall. These treatments can cause the hair to become dry, brittle, and prone to breakage, as they strip the hair of its natural oils and moisture.
Female pattern baldness can be a distressing experience for anyone, but prevention is better than cure. Follow these dos and don’ts carefully to control hair fall and female pattern baldness at an early stage. Remember, a healthy diet, good sleep, and regular relaxation – are the keys to a healthy body and hair.
Find the best hair transplant in Bhubaneswar and start your hair treatment.